Monday, June 1, 2015

Life as we know it

Some of you may have heard or seen hints at the change in our lives lately.  For about 10 months now, my wife and I have lived in a 5th wheel RV full time.  We rented out the house and have been staying nearby on a RV pad near my parents.

Proud new owners before we lost 10% for driving it off the lot!
Sarcastic picture comments aside, we are thrilled with our RV.  Even after almost a year, we are still enjoying it and we haven't even taken it anywhere!  Yes, we have been stuck in place due to various circumstances that keep us from spending GAS.  Yes, that truck is NOT a diesel and I'm sure you're aware that diesel trucks get better fuel mileage per gallon.  That beast there gets about 6-8 under tow. Yes, pulling it around means filling the tank *A LOT*.

So, we haven't gone anywhere yet.


But the IT job market has stabilized for us lately and so spending an extra $200 on gas for a weekend trip isn't as bad as it used to be.  So expect to hear about a trip some time soon.

Now, you're probably wondering, how do they build fishing rods in that thing?  We still make it happen. Of course, I should technically say that part of the work has to be done outside under the awning. The sanding of blanks, handles, etc.  But the winding and coatings are done inside the RV with room to spare.  Soon I will post pictures of how the rod building bench sets up inside our rolling palace.

This change in our lives is why we've been somewhat slow in posting over the past 6 months.  I know I've made a few posts but hopefully as the business starts to pick up, I'll be posting more of what's happening.

Oh, and we had our first phone call last week.  Hoping to get a call back on that soon with some work to do!  Woo hoo!

Well, off to bed so I can keep my day job!

Tight lines,

Mike
HCFR